VPS, Dedicated Server and Shared hosting SLA
- Every package is allocated a specific bandwidth limit. The limit runs from the first of the month, to the last day of the month, and resets at the beginning of the next month. This includes incoming and outgoing bandwidth usage. You agree that in using our Shared Hosting, you will abide by this limit.
- Should any of your accounts exceed this limit, we will begin a process of contacting you to investigate methods for reducing your usage, or, where this is not possible, for upgrading to a more suitable package.
- You agree that, should you fail to implement recommended changes that would reduce your usage, or should you refuse to upgrade to a package that suits your bandwidth usage, then the bandwidth usage for your domain may be throttled by us. We will give you prior warning via email that this will happen.
- Every account has a specific disk space limit. These limits are not hard limits, so it is possible to exceed them. If you exceed your account limit we will contact you to discuss reducing your usage, or, where this is not possible, upgrading your account to a more suitable package.
- You agree that, should you fail to implement recommended changes that would reduce your usage, or should you refuse to upgrade to a package that suits your disk space usage, that we will take steps to reduce your usage. We will only delete data that will not affect the performance of your site, such as backups, log files, cached content, and emails. Should these steps fail to reduce your usage you agree that we have the right to suspend your account until steps can be taken to reduce usage or upgrade the account.
- We monitor our servers very closely to ensure that all users on the server are not affecting the service for other clients ( on shared platforms ) Therefore you agree that should we determine that your service is affecting the service of others, that we may suspend, migrate, firewall or otherwise stop any part of or the entirety of your account. You further agree that this may be for an indefinite period of time while the issue is investigated and that you will act upon our recommendations. Failure to act upon our recommendations will result in account termination. Such usage includes but is not limited to causing high CPU loads, excessive use of Litespeed or MySQL, deployment of banned scripts, flooding the mail server with excessive numbers of emails, causing the mail server to be blacklisted or uploading infected content.
- Remote MySQL and SSH access are not permitted on Shared Hosting, and you agree that you will not make any attempts to access the Shared Hosting service in this manner.
- You agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have a current backup of your service at all times,
All Shared Hosting / VPS / Dedicated Servers include automated backups as a core feature. Purchase of these services implies consent to store these backups on a secured server until the service is cancelled or terminated. If you do not wish to have automated backups enabled, please contact us to request your user account be disabled from this feature.No staff member, support technician, or any other party will enter or view the contents of a clients’ service backups without first requesting permission to do so via the Support System.All stored backups for a service are destroyed when a cancellation request or termination is processed for the service.
- You agree that if you require us to restore a backup of all or part of your service, that we may charge a fee for this service if you are not apart of a website maintenance plan.
- We operate a policy of blocking IPs access if they fail to authenticate after 5 attempts via FTP / SMTP / cPanel Authentication. We are able to remove this block with ease, however you in turn agree that you must contact us to have this block removed, and that responsibility for being blocked and any repercussions this may have is yours alone.
- Rivmedia.co.uk is UK based, and operates on the GMT timezone. We aim to respond to questions and support requests within 1 hour during normal UK working hours, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Out of hours responses can be between 1 – 4 hours, support ticket systems are in place for client requests. If there is an issue with the server itself, this will be worked on as soon as possible, regardless of the date or time.
- Non-Payment of a due invoice will result in the site being suspended after 7 days. Failure to pay the invoice after 30 days will result in the account being automatically terminated. Upon termination, all data is removed from the server. Should you require a copy of your site following termination, this can be retrieved from the backup system, but a fee of £25 will be incurred for this.
13.1 For direct damages, secondary damages or lost profits due to technical problems and disturbances within the Internet that are not in our sphere of influence, we assume no liability.
13.2 With regards to contractors, we are not liable for minor negligence of contractual obligations. This does not apply to all cases of personal injury and is in accordance with the product liability law.
For indirect damages and loss of profits, we are liable only in cases of intentional or gross negligence. In this case we are liable only for the contract-typical predictable damage, a maximum of 100% of the annually fee.
13.3 If the customer’s web content is in violation of paragraph 6 of obligations, particularly in violation of legal prohibitions or morality, they shall be liable to us for all of the resulting direct and indirect damages, including property damage. In addition, the customer agrees to free us from all claims by third parties – no matter which kind – that may result from illegal internet content. The exemption obligation includes liability for all legal defence costs (e.g. court and attorneys’ fees).